Monday, September 20, 2010

Warning - energy efficient light bulbs, especially dangerous to birds

I accidentally dropped an incandescent light bulb this morning. Thank goodness it wasn't an energy efficient bulb! The mercury in the energy efficient bulbs is dangerous to us & our pets. When broken, the mercury that's released can be especially lethal to pet birds. Disastrous!

I have 28 birds in the house right now, not counting eggs & babies in nest boxes. I'm so glad this bulb wasn't one of the energy efficient bulbs. I plan to stock up on incandescent bulbs before our gov't makes sure only the so-called energy efficient bulbs - that are not really energy efficient at all - are the only ones we can find to buy...

Dirty Electricity: It might be poisoning us. This video explains it.

No comments: