Monday, February 1, 2010

Now There Are Three

       My last post shows a single baby in the photo. She now has two siblings. These photos taken today, February 1, 2010, show three baby Bourke parakeets with one egg remaining. Hope it hatches too! Currently I have many babies in nests, and have already raised quite a few in the last couple of months. It would seem that Fall is a better time of year to let them raise young than Spring or Summer. At least that's proven true this past year.

       However, Splendid eggs have all been infertile for quite a while now. I'm considering switching their mates to see if that will work better.


       In previous years I always removed the nest boxes to give the hens a rest. This year, however, they didn't do much all Spring and Summer so I left the boxes up. The Bourkes have been bountiful.  Smile.

No comments: