Saturday, October 23, 2010

Bathing Bourke Parakeets. David and Bathsheba?

Morning bath time ...  My husband arrived in the kitchen this morning at an opportune time to snap these photos.  Rosie and Pastel are two handfed youngsters we decided to keep. They enjoy bathing in the sink. There were three birds bathing, but Flame finished before my husband arrived, and decided to stay on my shoulder to watch the other two.

Thinking about it.
We have a Splendid who used to do this, but I've learned from experience that you need to continue to give your tame birds lots of attention. If you ignore them for too long, they become less tame. He no longer trusts me enough to bath in the sink on my hand. So, these birds usually come outside their cages about once a day, most often in the morning - our favorite time together.
If you do, I will.

How does it feel?


How's this pose? Happy now!


Ahh...just the way I like it. Nice of them to install
this sink in the island bar just for us!


The others don't know what they're missing!


No comments: