Friday, June 17, 2011

A New Look for this Bird Blog and an Update

Hope you like the new face on this blog. The old one didn't allow three columns.
This morning's visitors. We see does almost every day, but
a young buck is a rare treat. He still has velvet on his antlers.
He and the doe behind him were asleep in a field of tall grass
until I opened the door and woke them.They left in a hurry.


You may wonder why so few blogs from me recently. The truth is that, in addition to taking care of my birds, I'm completing the final editing on a novel. When it's published, I'll announce it here and everywhere else possible. Smile.

Meanwhile, some of our hummingbirds are back, although not as many as in previous years. We have fewer swallows this spring than in previous years too. I hope that's not a trend. We love birds, both domestic and wild.

We have some newly hatched baby Rosy Bourkes in the nest, but sadly our Splendid eggs appear to be infertile...again. Rainbow was the father of three gorgeous males before his mate died. He's had two different hens since then, but both have had infertile eggs with him and with other males, as well. Sadly, they are poor breeders ... or should I say, "non-breeders"?

At least the Bourkes are doing well.

Peace & Blessings.

1 comment:

the guy in the silk taffeta dress said...

I love the new look of your blog.
You're the second blogger that is recently writing a book.
I was thinking of getting a Rosella ,my parakeet was used to riding on her tail fethers as she walked but the store owner wouldn't sell her.
take care,
j.