Thursday, October 4, 2012

Tame Baby Lady Gouldian Finch

Young Lady Gouldian, four-weeks-old tomorrow..
This little guy likes to stay with me while his sibling flies around the room. A few days ago they were staggering when they walked. Now they stand upright and fly very well.
 
Am looking forward to the day that they begin eating fully on their own and no longer need to be hand fed. When I put them as eggs into an incubator, I couldn't imagine this day. A true blessing and a miracle.
 
They aren't flying to my shoulder yet, but will fly/hop up my arm to my shoulder. Having them there can be deafening when they're asking to be fed. Next to one's ear is not a good thing. Bourkes are never that loud.
 
I'm wondering what sex they will be. Males would be brightly colored, but either way, they will be pretty and sweet. I like them better and better every day.

Two abandoned eggs hatched Sept. 7 in a home made incubator.
Photo taken Oct. 4, 2012. Finch is 4 weeks old tomorrow, Friday.


Peace and Blessings.

No comments: